Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mountain meet Molehill

See that task on my list? Replace driving light on Echo? Add some procrastination, some annoyance and a whole heap of over exaggeration. The sum total? Molehill? Meet Mountain.

Surely I'm not the only one who does this. Tell me it ain't so.

Today I had a glaring example of my crazy ability to magnify something minor into something major.

Last February or so, I had a neighbor help me pick up our car at the shop and follow me home in our other vehicle. He commented "your right side driving light is out".

Note made.

February people!

Then, I mentioned it to Craig, oh, a few dozen times, in the hopes that he would jump right on it. Yah right.

Last week, while getting the oil changed I asked the guys at Walmart to replace it for me for a fee of $5.00. When I returned for my car, they claimed it was working and there was nothing to replace. Wrong!

So, finally, today, I get the manual out and make note of the number of bulb I need. Finally, today, I ask the person at Walmart where their replacement bulbs are. Finally, today, I took my sorry self out to my car and unscrewed one cover, pulled back the panel, pulled the burnt out bulb and stuck in the new one. Time for actual replacement of bulb? 30 seconds.

Craig can now say "I told you so," because he soundly ridiculed me last week for making this into a major thing. "Just do it - it will take 30 seconds. You have some weird thing where I'm supposed to take care of things like that ... blah, blah, blah". Don't quote me on his exact words as I tuned him out after the first couple of syllables, but you get the gist.

I'm annoyed he was right but I'm even more annoyed at my ability to blow something entirely out of proportion. Crazy!

No comments: