Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ought to Take My Own Advice

As I help Lucas process his entry into Kindergarten this week, it strikes me that I would do well to heed my own sage wisdom.

* Fill your tummy with healthy food so you won't be hungry before lunch.

* If you are asked to do something you don't want to do, there's probably still a way to have fun. For example, if your teacher insists you close your eyes for the whole nap time, just look at pictures on the inside of your eyelids. Imagine great things while you lay there.

* Pinky swear - always do your best. Print the very best LUCAS you can.

* Listen to your teachers.

* Look around your room today and decide who can be your new friend. Lucas decided he would walk right up to that person and say "Hi, my name is Lucas".

* If you need help, just ask.

* You know what? Everyone is a little nervous when doing something new. Maybe you can all help each other.

* When you get home, wash your hands, have a snack and do yoga. Use the fountain pose to get it all out.

1 comment:

grandma anita said...

Great advice for anyone.