Thursday, April 23, 2009

Enlightenment Snob

Until last week, I pretty much believed that enlightenment could only show up in a most profound and grave manner. Wrong - this week I was handed multiple sources of wisdom from the most unlikely places.

First there was the most serious advice offered to me by Kung Fu Panda. "There is no secret ingredient - there is only you." Aaaaaah .... now I get it. Next was Dr. Phil ringing in my ears "And how's that working for you?" to be followed quickly by his "Who is going to step up and be the hero of this family?"

Oprah and her guest Nate Burkus were raving about how they believed that our environments should always rise up to meet us at our level of greatness. Always, they reiterated. Do not lower your personal power to fit your life, do it the other way around.

Maisie Dobbs is Jacqueline Winspear's fictional investigator/psychologist who reminded me to harness the power of meditation and visualization. This woman calms down, centers and visualizes the outcome she wishes to see, sending energy to support her vision. Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that.

All put together, I must say that I was surprised by the "popular" vehicles that brought me new learning. I didn't realize I was so highbrow about such things, but I do get a kick out of the fact that my greatest life lesson that I've received lately was granted to me by a rotund Panda who cooks noodles. Who knows from where the wisdom may emerge. I'm just grateful to say that I am getting wiser.


No comments: