Monday, January 26, 2009

Savvy Consumer

I'm becoming a savvy consumer if I do say so myself. Here's a hint - you can call almost all of your service providers right now and request a reduction and you'll probably get one.

I called our residential phone/internet provider and they dropped $30 per month off our costs for the exact same services. I'm in the process of trying for a similar reduction on my cell phone. I should think cable and satellite companies would be willing to deal too. We're going to get a lower credit card interest rate too - or at least that's the plan.

The thing is, companies need consumers badly right now and they are willing to make it easier to stay with them. I have never really been one to haggle and negotiate, but perhaps now is the time to learn. So far so good, $30 richer per month so far.

No comments: