Saturday, May 16, 2009

When It Rains It Pours

Have you ever noticed that challenges seem to come one after another? Everything is fine, but we've been experiencing a run of bad luck.

I find this hard to write about - it points out to me how controlling I am and that there is still a part of me that worries about what other people think of me. Sheesh .... I thought I'd got over that and now, recalling weaknesses and vulnerabilities and fears brings it back.

What I mean is, I'd like to say that I've got it all under control and I spend my entire life in a state of "togetherness". Hah .... being human doesn't allow for that type of perfection.

So, there's nothing so large about all the things coming our way, it's just that they are wearing me down. Craig went to Canada a while back and, for whatever reason, it seemed that a ton of things broke or fell apart while he was away. The volume quit on our big screen, Lucas' scooter broke, the garden aerator lost a piece and so on. Craig has done a remarkable job of working his way through the repair list, but I'm sure he's had enough.

At the kid's final concert on Thursday, a Grandma of one of the kid's (and a complete stranger to me) passed out, cut her head and required an ambulance. I called 911 for the first time in my life.

Then, yesterday I got whacked in the head with the ceiling fan in Lucas' bedroom while I was wiping up water from our exterior house cleaning project. Let me clarify - the fan was moving ... fast. A trip to emergency care and some superglue have repaired me, but I look and feel like I got punched in the head.

Now, I know the term "accident" means just that, but I feel so silly. Note to self, do not walk into any more ceiling fans.

So, I guess the lesson here is to be humble and human. It's just the way life goes sometime and I'm certain that the energy will turn and we'll find ourselves on a run of good luck soon. I am aware that the bulk of my life is filled with great luck and great energy. Even this run of challenges is quite minor in the whole scheme of things. I get that.

No comments: