Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Perceptions

I had a nice mini-lesson this morning that I wanted to share. I was coming to my favorite coffee shop (free wifi, comfy couch, good coffee) and feeling pushed, pressured and as though I had "not enough" time. I sat down and addressed my anxiety - I broke it down to basics and completely reframed how I saw this spot of time. I have from 9 am until 11:50 a.m. to just sit still by myself - I can choose to see it as fleeting and limited or as rich and rewarding. errrch.... realign my perception. "Silly Mommy" as Mya would say. Once I saw that there were actually very few tasks that I "had" to complete and that I had over two and half hours of time, it was as though the second hand on my watch just slowed down. I mean, when was the last time that I had over two and a half hours to myself? This is a gift, not an inadequate item on my schedule. Glad I figured it out before it passed me by.

No comments: